Sky Has No Limits...! So Do I....!

The goal of mankind is knowledge. This knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside; it is all inside. What we say a man 'knows', should, in strict psychological language, be what he 'discovers' or 'unveils'; what man 'learns' is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Swami Vivekananda" - Great Philosopher of the Orient














I thought of relaxing a bit in between my work schedule. I went to my apartment terrace and started to breath-in fresh gulp of air. I was enjoying the soft, cool puff of air which blew on my face. I leaned onto a wall and gazed at the vastness of blue-sky. Suddenly I just thought, "how do we know that the earth is rotating? or why don't we feel/see literally the rotation of the Earth?". Of course my brain said that we know the Earth is rotating by sun rise and sun set, which causes day and night. But I imagined my-self and questioned "If I were on a merry-go-round & when it rotates, I can see & infer easily that I rotate with the Merry-go-round. Why this does not happen in the case of Earth?". Even though the stuff am talking on is obvious to everyone, My question is why can't we see or feel the rotation of earth, like a Merry-go-round? I want everybody to think before you proceed to read beyond. Then in a flash, I convinced myself with the extent of knowledge what I had, that the size of Merry-go-round is comparatively very small with respect to Earth and the solar system. To add up, There is no reference point on the space, to observe the rotation of earth, except the Sun & The Moon and other very distant stars. But in the case of Merry-go-round, we have too many reference objects around it, like shops, people cheering up, kids watching it and everybody around it. This makes us to observe and feel that we are rotating on & with the Merry-go-round. If we have as many objects as reference in space, we can also make out that the Earth is rotating. Also the distance of the objects with respect to the human eye should be comparable as in the case of Merry-go-round. After tapping up this answer from ignorance to knowledge, which is obvious for everybody else, I returned home and wrote this on my blog...And still I felt to receive comments from others hoping that they may have some different idea on this aspect...



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Hey! I was wondering if there was anyone I could talk to about paying a copyright fee for the Merry-Go-Round photo because it's amazing and I want to use it!! Please get back to me soon! :)

natelauderdale@gmail.com

Well yeah always is good to relax for a while live under stress is not good and is not life, usually money and work make us unhappy at all.

Post a Comment

Website Translation